Monday, September 22, 2008

Tanghalang Batingaw StageFest

Last Friday (Sept.18), my sister and I, together with my friend Jamie watch Tanghalang Batingaw's 32 post-anniversary production. Shown at the Mini Theater of Lyceum of the Philippines University are 4 stage plays.

For Rent -- is all about a discreet lesbian who falls in-love with a female ramp model, who is about to get married. For Rent discuss the cruel world in which lesbians are wrongfully judge.

Onse -- revolves around Showroom, manage by a married man named Xander, who in the latter part betrayed by his brother. Problems arise when Russo, a business man showed and warned them about the previous agreement.

Siklo -- is about natures revenge. Started when Lupain (the god of Earth) got sick caused by the damage of people on nature. Lawiswis (the goddess of Air) caught a guy smoking, punish him. Tampisaw (the goddess of Water) though blissful, she still subscribe to the idea of punishing the guy in behalf of peoples cruelty on nature. Lagablab (the god of Fire) is the one very much aggressive on revenge.

Alaala -- revolves around Lorraine, a sweet loving mother, and an understanding battered wife. Reminiscing the past brought the story in life of her family.

I might say the actors are really great, esp. the cast of Siklo and Alaala.

Good Job guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wui wui, npanood ko rin 2.

gustong gusto ko yung siklo, d best. D ko nagustuhan yung for rent, mdyo boring. nyakz.


tga lyce din ako...

About Me

My photo
I am a type of person who smiles a lot and appreciates anything that catches my eye especially paintings I love to laugh (especially when Im with MAH SISTER ARA), dance (dancing is my passion), act(thats why I joined a theater group), sing(even though my voice isnt good for singing), read books(fiction and literature), movies(I love watching flicks, any genre), write(love to write anything that my mind shouts), paintings(I really appreciate and love paintings but my friends doesnt know that), and most of all I love to sleep!!!! I hate pretenders and posers, someone who thinks and act like s/hes in the limelight, demanding, SCAPEGOAT, and most of all HOLDAPERS and SNATCHERS!! (Die! You Criminal!!!) -born on d 1stday of d 7th month. -4'11 in height -Freelance Writer